The Gotten family began building this cabin, originally called “Hickory Wythe,” in 1948. The logs used in the structure came from five older (mid-1800s) cabins. It was built in the same form as a typical farmhouse of the 1830s. The cabin was originally located in a wooded area near Germantown. It was moved to Libertyland in 1975 and to Davies Manor Plantation in 2006. Antique looms and a spinning wheel are currently displayed in the interior of the cabin. It will be further developed into an interpretive exhibit. Come back to see this building evolve!